Care Associate (FT) GVH Family Medicine Clinic
Work Hours: M-F 8-5pm
This position coordinates the patient flow and documentation for the clinic. Key responsibilities include: Reception and Check Out, Phone Support, Scheduling, and Payment Collection. This position is a highly visible, public relations position with significant customer contact.
The position may follow documented procedures to support posting payments and adjustments to patient accounts, secondary insurance claims for government and commercial payers.
Education: High school diploma or equivalent required.
Experience: Experience or training in a healthcare office setting, customer relations, and telephone etiquette. One year work experience in customer service required, healthcare front office preferred. The position requires customer service, interpersonal communication skills, and the ability to work cooperatively with other employees, other departments and the public. Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously, prioritize work and meet deadlines and concentrate in a busy environment is required. Ability to use common computer system and business software is necessary.
• Greet patients in a friendly and helpful manner.
• Insure Patient registration is complete and accurate prior to appointment.
• Collect appropriate co-pays or balance due at the time of service.
• Book all appointments for patients. Responds to phone calls and voicemails in a timely manner.
• Insure front area is presentable for our patients. Report any maintenance needed to Practice Director.
• Performs assignments and conducts themselves in a courteous, caring, and professional manner at all times.
• Phone support: Receives phone calls, responds to non-clinical inquiries, transfers calls to clinical resources as needed.
• Payment collection: Collects payments. Assists patient with payment related inquiries. Coordinates with appropriate resources to clarify and resolve payment related issues.
Compensation: $16.00/hr - $18.40/hr, depending on experience.
Medical, dental, vision, health care FSA, and dependent care FSA: All active employees working 40 or more hours per pay period are eligible for benefits on the first of the month following 30 days of active service.
Life and AD&D insurance: All active employees working 40 or more hours per pay period are eligible for benefits on the first of the month following or coinciding with 30 days of active service.
Short-term and long-term disability: All active employees working 60 or more hours per pay period are eligible for benefits on the first of the month following or coinciding with 30 days of active service.