Care Associate, FT - College Clinic & Family Med Clinic
Work Hours: M-F 8-5pm
This position coordinates the patient flow and documentation for the clinic. Key responsibilities include: Reception and Check Out, Phone Support, Scheduling, and Payment Collection. This position is a highly visible, public relations position with significant customer contact.
The position may follow documented procedures to support posting payments and adjustments to patient accounts, secondary insurance claims for government and commercial payers.
Education: High school diploma or equivalent required.
Experience: Experience or training in a healthcare office setting, customer relations, and telephone etiquette. One year work experience in customer service required, healthcare front office preferred. The position requires customer service, interpersonal communication skills, and the ability to work cooperatively with other employees, other departments and the public. Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously, prioritize work and meet deadlines and concentrate in a busy environment is required. Ability to use common computer system and business software is necessary.
• Greet patients in a friendly and helpful manner.
• Insure Patient registration is complete and accurate prior to appointment.
• Collect appropriate co-pays or balance due at the time of service.
• Book all appointments for patients. Responds to phone calls and voicemails in a timely manner.
• Insure front area is presentable for our patients. Report any maintenance needed to Practice Director.
• Performs assignments and conducts themselves in a courteous, caring, and professional manner at all times.
• 100% cooperation/contribution in attainment of departmental objectives through teamwork.
• Good attitude through reassignments due to heavy workload.
• Good inter-personal relationshipswith patients, visitors, doctors, co-workers, and supervisory staff.
• Skills and knowledge base related to responsibilities are improved through education courses or self-study learning activities.
• Observes professional ethics in maintaining confidential information concerning the personal, financial, medical, or employment status of a patient of GVH and their families.
• Responsible for keeping the reception desk top and front lobby table areas organized with regard to literature available to GVHFM guests and family. Responsible for recognizing and eliminating any advertisements left in the area that are not related to GVH services or approved for hospital distribution.
• Reception: Greets patients and checks them into the clinic. Manages patient flow and facilitates accurate documentation between the front office and clinical functions. Provides administrative support, as needed, by the Practice Supervisor, Practice Director and Physician Assistant's and Physician's.
• Phone support: Receives phone calls, responds to non-clinical inquiries, transfers calls to clinical resources as needed.
• Payment collection: Collects payments. Assists patient with payment related inquiries. Coordinates with appropriate resources to clarify and resolve payment related issues.
• Participates in drills and emergency response training
• May be called in for GVH disaster response.
• Other duties as assigned.