C.N.A. - SCC Nursing
Senior Care Center
- High School/GED
The primary purpose of your job is to provide residents with routine daily nursing care in accordance with our established nursing care procedures, and as may be directed by your supervisors.
Education: Must possess as a minimum, a high school diploma or equivalent and be 17 years of age at start of the class, if taking the class, or at hire.
Experience: Must be graduate of an approved Nurses Aide Training program, or enter our program. If you do not possess a state license you must pass the test and obtain such license within 120 days of finishing the c.n.a. class.
Licenses/Certification: Current CNA certification in the state of Colorado. Has gone through Certified Training Program.
- Assist residents with dressing/undressing/hair care/nail care/ear care/eye care as necessary
- Assist residents with bathing/bowel functions/morning routines such as brushing teeth, washing face, dressing etc . Report characters of all if needed.
- Participate in and receive the nursing report upon reporting for duty,
- Position bedfast residents in correct and comfortable position.
- Maintain intake and output records as instructed.
- Prepare and give enemas. Report results as instructed.
- Assist residents in preparing for activity and social program.
- Assist residents in preparing for medical tests.
- Assist with lifting, positioning, turning, moving and transporting into and out of beds, wheelchairs, chairs, bathtubs, lifts, etc.
- Answer resident calls promptly.
- Observe and report the presence of pressure areas and skin breakdowns to percent decubitus ulcers
- Provide daily indwelling catheter care, perineal care, range of motion exercises, physical and respiratory therapy, diabetic urine testing etc.
- Watch for and report any change in room temperature, lighting, ventilation etc.
- Turn all medications found in the residents' room/possession over to the Charge Nurse.
- Prepare residents for meals, as well as serving food trays, beverages and assist with feeding as indicated.
- Assist residents with identifying food arrangements.
- Record resident's food intake/fluid intake and eating habits.
- Perform after meal care (check room for food articles as well)
- Assist residents to walk with or without self-help devices as instructed. Prompt attendance at assigned shifts.
- Measure and record temps, pulse, blood pressure, and respirations as instructed.