Assistant Director of Revenue Cycle
Work Hours: Mon - Fri, 8a-5p
Assistant Revenue Cycle Director is responsible for the supervision of the day-to-day operations and staff that contribute to the accurate billing, cash posting, and insurance follow-up of the Patient Financial Services department. This includes said activities for the hospital as well as the clinic sites. This position routinely interacts with hospital staff, insurance companies, outside vendors, and the public. This position requires the ability to instill confidence in the team through technical expertise, excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with a professional appearance and approach. Critical thinking skills and professional demeanor required to carry out assigned projects. Responsible for achieving best practice goals for Revenue Cycle areas.
Education: High school diploma or equivalent. Bachelor’s degree preferred, but not required.
Experience: A minimum of three (3) years of related experience, preferably in a hospital or healthcare setting. Knowledge of the CPSI software a plus but not required.
Licenses/Certification: HFMA - Certified Revenue Cycle Representative preferred.
- Observes professional ethics in maintaining confidential information concerning the personal, financial, medical, or employment status of a patient of GVH and their families.
- Develops processes and systems using a team approach to improve financial performance and cash flow and coordinates activities to integrate optimally with hospital operations.
- Manages employees by selecting talented people, trains, and evaluates them and ensures they are compliant with hospital policies and procedures
- Adheres to the standards and policies of the hospital’s compliance program, including the duty to comply with applicable laws and regulations, and reports any suspected unethical, fraudulent, or unlawful acts or practices.
- Stays current on all regulations and standards to ensure compliance with orders or directives issued by governmental/regulatory agencies and disseminates appropriate information to appropriate leadership and staff.
- Maintains and updates the hospital’s Charge Description Master in CPSI software for all departments and is a resource to leadership for research on charge issues.
- Works closely with business partners providing services to GVH and monitors their activities, including bad debt, billing, payer enrollment, managed care contracting, and statement vendors.
- Ensures cash controls and adjustment oversight are in place and monitored.
- Establishes accuracy standards and uses benchmarks to measure the efficiency and success of revenue cycle activities within the PFS department.
- Writes policies and procedures to enhance revenue cycle activities for the PFS department.
- Provides feedback to the Revenue Cycle Director to ensure the department processes are continually improving.
- Ability to run required reports in CPSI to facilitate timely account adjustments for Employee health, Employee Discount, CICP and Financial Assistant program.
- Works towards advancing to the position of the Revenue Cycle Director in its total capacity once approved by Revenue Cycle Director and/or CFO.
- Works to optimize “Ability All Payers” claim submission, electronic remittance, patient statements and on-line bill pay software.
- Applies principles of confidentiality to all facility and patient matters.
- Performs quality assurance on claims, insurance follow-up, cash posting, and on a daily basis and provides feedback to the staff.
- Adheres to the adjustment level of approval policy for all account adjustments posted to patient accounts, excluding contractual adjustments.
- Works to have all credit balance amounts processed to both insurance and patients no more than 30 days from date of overpayment.
- Participates in drills and emergency response training
- May be called in for GVH disaster response.
- Other duties as assigned.