Work Hours: M-F 8-5
The AR Cash Specialist is responsible for the accurate and timely completion of cash posting, contractual adjustments, discounts, general ledger cash, and reconciliation on a daily basis. Analyzes insurance remittances to ensure that the contractual amounts taken are accurate. Queries hospital and clinic bank accounts to reconcile deposits with insurance remittances. This position requires exceptional interpersonal and organizational skills. The Cashier will communicate in a professional manner with health system staff.
Education: Must possess a high school diploma or equivalent. Accounting or bookkeeping experience or education preferred.
Experience: Requires ability to work cooperatively with other employees, departments, and the public. Ability to prioritize work and meet deadlines.
· Observes professional ethics in maintaining confidential information concerning the personal, financial, medical, or employment status of a patient of GVH and their families.
· Verifies all daily deposit receipts by ensuring that cash and checks are accurate on the Daily Deposit Recap.
· Queries hospital and clinic bank accounts daily.
· Retrieves remittances from multiple electronic payor websites and reconciles them with bank deposits.
· Posts accounts receivable cash both manually and electronically.
· Ensures insurance contractual adjustments are accurate per contracts and computes Medicaid contractual adjustments.
· Ensures that secondary insurance is built on accounts in order to post payments.
· Posts all private pay cash, checks, and credit cards.
· Reports payments to A1 Collection Agency and AR Services and accesses the web portal as necessary.
· Posts general ledger cash, adjustments, employee discounts, interest, deferred payments, and payer take backs.
· Manages the Unapplied Cash account.
· Reconciles daily cash on the Daily Deposit Recap form.
· Identifies insurance denials and routes them to the appropriate staff.
· Proficient in the Change Healthcare AccuPost and Payment Manager software modules.
· Prepares Change Healthcare or Excel reports as requested.
· Resource to health system staff, leadership, and external agencies with regards to accounts receivable receipts and adjustments.
· Prepares source documentation for outsourcing to RMMI.
· Cooperates with others in the health system to meet department and hospital requirements and goals.
· Communicates issues to the Revenue Cycle Director in a timely and appropriate manner.
· Provides feedback to the Revenue Cycle Director to ensure the department processes are continually improving.
· Demonstrates motivation and accepts other duties as assigned by the Revenue Cycle Director.
· Participates in drills and emergency response training. May be called in for GVH disaster response.